Thursday, March 06, 2008

100 in 100...6 in 24...0 in 7

here's the new exercise plan stan...

100 miles in 100 days... Abby gave me the idea to walk/run 100 treadmill miles by June. It may not sound like much to do a mile per day but if you subtract Sundays and all the days it just may not work out, it's at least a start for this gal. We're going for realistic goals here. So by June 15, I'll report back on my progress.

6 cups of water in 24 hours... I know you're supposed to drink 8 or something like that, but considering I hardly drink 1 cup right now, I'm thinking realistically.

p.s. I love this water bottle. It is soft and squishy so it won't crack or pop weird. And now they make it in sportscap. I always just wash and refill with plain ol' tap water but it works for me (at least since i bought it 5 hours ago at Walmart)

0 treats in 7 days... Staying home all day long means snacking on not-so-healthy sweets especially when I'm plum worn out or irritated or hungry or bored... I eat a small treat and somehow it seems like I feel better... which is probably a deceptive feeling or something. So as part of the exercise plan, I need to cut back. I need to find some self-control with sweets so I'm going to have to go cold turkey for a week so I can remember how good I can feel without hot tamales, swedish fish, chocolate chips, york peppermint patties, etc. Water will have to be my replacement. I may go crazy without dark chocolate... we'll see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great goals--good luck! (I have faith in you!) :)

Amy D. said...

Awesome goals. 100 in 100 is so cool. And the water goal is a super great one :). I'm not so sure about the treats one, but I wholeheartedly support you in it. Carol and I used to try to do no chocolate contests with Dad...he would make it a year (that was sooo amazing) and I don't know if we ever lasted a day, did we, Carol?!! (I just found the package of mini milky way darks from my Christmas stocking ...must...have...one...now!)

Marne said...

Good luck! Those are great goals. I love dark chcolate too....yum!