Saturday, August 29, 2009

All that is possible

Shhhhhh... my house is quiet... at least for a while. Jimmy took Hannah and Abe to the Dollar theater to see 'UP' as a reward for their hard work in cleaning, tidying this morning. Let's just say that we haven't tidied rooms or done laundry much this week so it was necessary. As long as Max naps for a while, I'll have a few hours to myself.

My goal over the next 6 weeks until Babe arrives is to establish a house of order... a constant goal of mine it seems. I've only made slight progress but I see the potential each room and closet has for order.

Some days all my tasks lumped together seem overwhelming and impossible. But TODAY - the laundry room seems to be a POSSIBLE task. So off I go to conquer and organize and clean.


I love this painting and quote. "A small smile of amusement curved her mouth as she stood perfectly still and imagined all that was possible." It can apply to so many things ... an optimistic view!

There are GRAND possibilities for my house becoming one of order. I see the possibilities for the next few weeks - creating a good school routine with the kids that even includes chores, homework, fun, family time. We'll see how I do at making it happen.

If you want some inspiration and ideas for creating order, see Jenifer Moss's post. I liked her list of things to focus on (near the end). To quote her, "It's easier to achieve ORDER than perfection... i just need to know one step ahead, and i can have faith that even when what i am doing is not enough, HE will compensate."

The ones I especially want to focus on:
- 'Put away laundry while it's warm' (a hard one 'round here)
- 'Make one big project 3 smaller projects...' (definitely a must in order to conquer the disaster rooms in my house)
- 'Write it down so you can think instead of remember...' (I'm pregnant right? - and I seriously can't remember anything anymore)
- 'Be STILL so you can hear.' (Just plain a good idea!)

Ok - bon voyage. I'm heading to my laundry room. I hope I don't get swallowed up.

(Painting 'Standing Still' by DudaDaze)

3 comments:

Alison said...

How nice to have a few quiet hours! What a nice husband. And I can't believe your sweet babe is coming in 6 weeks already! Ay-yi-yi! :) Good luck getting your house in order, that's a constant challenge for me. And laundry, we've got mountains aplenty. Good luck with yours! Loves!

Jolene said...

6 weeks. Wow, that is close. Let me know if you need help with anything. I will take your kids so can get your house in order or take a nap. :)

Amy D. said...

Prime, cute painting and wonderful thoughts, Heath.