Monday, October 27, 2008

Pledging Allegiance

I love the way Hannah says the Pledge of Allegiance here in this video. Because she has just learned it, she has a sincere intonation to her voice.


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God,
indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all."


Jimmy and I voted today. I love America!

But I don't approve of all the creeps who are creeping into our government leadership.  With all the mumbo-jumbo in politics these days, I love thinking about the roots of America with the founding fathers, the constitution, the inspiration that started our country.

"Today I would like to pay honor--honor to the document itself [the Constitution], honor to the men who framed it, and honor to the God who inspired it and made possible its coming forth." (Ezra Taft Benson - The Constitution - A Heavenly Banner)

"We the People of the United States,
in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice,
insure domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defence,
promote the general Welfare,
and secure the Blessings of Liberty
to ourselves and our Posterity,
do ordain and establish
this Constitution
for the United States of America."
(Preamble of the Constitution)


"We hold these truths to be self-evident,
that all men are created equal,
that they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are
Life, Liberty
and the pursuit of Happiness."
Preamble to The Declaration of Independence


Yes, I love America and all the goodness that we stand for!!

"There is some good in this world..,
and it's worth fighting for." 
said Samwise to Froto from Lord of the Rings

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing that!! It is so true. Back to the basics is what it is all about in life. I love your little girl. She is such a cutie. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% and Hannah does a great job, tell her way to go :)

Reeses Pieces said...

What a nice tribute. I agree, I'm a little worried about the creeps in politics too. Just crossing my fingers!