Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Spark ... Pop ... Darkness

On Monday night our computer blew up.

Jimmy was trying to fix the noisy fan inside the computer and the power supply blew out. So - for now, Jimmy set up our old, sloooooow, decrepit computer.

Fortunately, our computer will receive a new power supply and will be resurrected by Jimmy and BestBuy.

Unfortunately, the computer didn't die completely so we have no reason to buy a new computer at this time.

BUT - in the event we do have to get a new computer in the next year, I'm wondering what kind we should get.

I grew up on a MAC (and wouldn't this all-in-one 24-inch be a dream), but have only used a PC in the last 12 years. I've only heard good things about MAC lately (they seem to be all the rage!) but I'd love to get the real scoop on them if any of you have one.

We generally have purchased Dell but we haven't been too pleased with them lately. This last computer (the one that blew up) has always been noisy and a bit touchy (maybe that's the Window's Vista coming out in it though.)

So - let's do a survey to find out what everyone likes. (and please comment if you have any feedback on certain brands - I'd love to hear what you think.)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Heather- I love our mini mac. I can't do much on it because I'm a computer idiot. But I love it just the same. We had a Dell last time and I wouldn't do that again either. Good luck!

Alison said...

We have a Dell and it's having all sorts of problems, hence I haven't been able to digital scrapbook yet. Dave's brother has a Mac and says they're the best. I think my brother Jason has a Mac also. Anyway good luck with your computer!

And so sorry about the thievery! That's terrible! That is really scary. Thanks for the great tips!

And your kids are adorable pioneers. What a fun activity day!

Marne said...

Hmmm...I know nothing about Macs, so I am no help there. Never even touched one.

I would love a new computer too! Never had Dell, our last 2 computers have been Compaq....stay away from them! ALthough they merged with HP so I don't know if they are the same or not...

Anonymous said...

my mom loves her mac for photo stuff, but my husband loves pc's and all he does is work on pc's all day. He can buy dells for good prices, so if you want (he's a dell rep or something), he can get one for you when you start looking. Let me know