Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back-to-school night

Last night we got to go see the kid's classrooms and meet the teachers at the Elementary School.

I think it helped Hannah feel less nervous about it all. She's been wondering how it will all work out with full-day school, recess, friends, bus, and school lunch. Hannah's 1st grade teacher will be Mrs. Winters. Hannah said she thinks she'll enjoy her classroom and her teacher. (I honestly, am a little nervous about it because I didn't think her teacher was very warm-n-fuzzy. Hopefully I'm wrong about it!). But I think we've all survived having less-than-cheerful teachers in elementary school. I have heard this teacher is good academically which will be well-suited for Hannah's level. Perhaps I'm concerned for no valid reasons. We shall see how this year plays out!


Abe has Mrs. Wright (Hannah's teacher from Kindergarten). He is really excited for school. We've been trying to teach him our address and phone number to get him prepped for his assessment on Friday. Mrs. Wright is a cheerful, warm teacher that should be great for Abe.


To help ease my nerves about sending my kids off alone (not sure why I think this will help any!), I made these front/back identification cards to keep hidden inside their backpacks in case they get off at the wrong bus stop or whatever. I should probably put a neighbor's number on there too, huh?!? At least I know they might not freak out as much if they know they can get a hold of someone nearby.

Hannah commented today that she just needs more time to prepare for school (emotionally I think). But ready or not (for all of us!) - here school coooooomes!!!

No comments: