Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Mozy Review

If anyone is interested, Jimmy wrote a review of Mozy (the online back-up service). We definitely didn't have a positive experience. Overall we wouldn't recommend using them.

For our new Mac we got an external hard drive with 1 TB of memory so that it will completely back up the computer hard drive. Every week it will automatically run a back-up. Our last external hard drive was half the size of our computer drive so it couldn't do a full backup. And because it was manual I didn't back-up the important things as often as I should of.

I think it's much more likely that your hard-drive will crash then your house be burned to the ground which is why I think an external hard drive or two would be better for a good back-up system.

If you do choose an online back-up, just be sure to double check that all your folders really were backed-up... and I'd still have an alternative back-up plan in case the online service fails.

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

Too bad that didn't work. The external hard drive seems like the best option for us, too. I am glad to have my blog backed up...