Friday, May 29, 2009

'Be a Hero' Summer 2009

I'm excited about our 'Be a Hero' theme this summer. I got the idea from Jenifer Moss.I loved reading through Hannah's daily kindergarten journal. It was very enlightening (in some good and some 'yikes' ways). I thought having a summer journal would be a good way to keep the kids writing and expressing. Here's the linkie to what we're doing:

I also found some cute stories from the Friend about Heroes, along with a song about scripture heroes. I thought they would make some fun FHE's. There is also a funny Manner's Super Heroes that's slightly cheesy but I could see my kid's lovin' it. Here's the linkie to the Stories PDF:
Other resources:

This is the 12-page pdf file of Helps to learn the scripture heroes song.



My kids would love if I ever made them these super-hero capes. Wouldn't Max be so cute with a little one?!

Anyhoo... I hope this is something we can do and enjoy this summer - to learn more about what it means to be a real hero - the true righteous courageous kind (and no - Enrique Inglesias Hero song is not going to be our theme song!)

If you have any other great ideas or resources about Heroes, pass them on to me ... please!

1 comment:

Steph and Eric said...

funny you should mention the heroes of the scripture song. . . i printed it off last month because i wanted to teach it to our primary.

great minds think alike.

i love your summer theme!