Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Earthquake Relief Effort

My friend Kristin shared a link to LDS Humanitarian Services where you can donate online to the emergency relief efforts fund. I like that she said "They need our help. We have money. Even if you think you don’t, you do. Even ten dollars would help."

I love knowing that 100% of donations really will go towards supplies and helping those in need. There are good people in this world helping others. I love that!

When I see the photos of victims of this natural disasters, my heart sinks - it feels a teeny-teeny-tiny portion of their pain... but I know I really can't fathom what they are going through. After having our minor earthquake, I've imagined what life in this area would be like after a huge earthquake ... I don't think we want to deal with that any time soon.

But despite 7.0 earthquakes and all the other disasters, I'm at least grateful there are good honest people willing to help others. Go Red Cross & Humanitarian Services!

4 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

You are a ROCKSTAR!

Charity said...

Hey Heather-

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day! I tried ordering our wedding invites on your simply fresh design page and it says you aren't doing wedding invites at this time? Is that right? I hope it isn't because we really wanted you to do them, but if it is we will try to quickly find someone else who does the same type of thing you do for a great price. Yikes, time is quickly passing and we need to ge those done.

Anyways have a great relaxing day, you deserve it!!

Jenna said...

thanks for sharing! we're going to donate some today as a family thing thanks to you!

Reeses Pieces said...

Thanks for sharing. I love that bottom picture. Captures alot!!!