Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Don't Laugh Partner

...but really I just feel like buyin' some boots - seriously!

My sis-in-law came over with some boots on, and I quite liked them.

After all, I do live in Lehi... in fact, there's a root-in-tootin' boot shop on ol' main (which also happens to be the new and only main).

I'm not sure I'm up for wranglers or the buckle, but give me a horse (or is it a 'Hoss'), some boots, some country living (without skunks of course), some nice dark nights perfect for star-gazing, a new farm house, and an awesome mountain/lake view and I'm there.

(Photo by Ree, the Pioneer Woman)

You may not believe this, but I'm tellin' ya - Jimmy would have made a great cowboy or farmer. He finds fulfillment and joy in physical work - especially in the yard.  Plus, the man wakes as soon as his alarm rings and he's out of bed and on his knees.  The other morning he got up at 5:00 to go to work and I asked him 'why?' and he said 'why not?'  

And sometimes I wonder if I'd like real country life. Sometimes I want to feel 'away' from the silly things of the world but I guess that can find you anywhere with tv. And I do so like having Target and a grocery store nearby.  Anyhoo...

But doesn't this seem calm and peaceful and quiet and ummm... calm.
(Photo by Ree, the Pioneer Woman)

This next photo makes me want to take a big breath of fresh air - real clean fresh air (not to be confused with skunk or cow pasture scent).
(Photo by Ree, the Pioneer Woman)

I don't know if I'd be up for the early morning hours and physical labor of that life, but I think it sure has a lot going for it. Get the tots away from tv ... tire them out and make 'em work, work, work (I mean ... keep em' busy playing/helping outdoors.)

(Photo by Ree, the Pioneer Woman)

Do you have to own dogs if you're a cowgirl?

I don't do dogs.

I can't handle any more laundry either - so muddy and manurey clothes would be out of the question.

Well - I might just have to stick with being a half city/half country girl and just buy some good ol' distressed cowboy boots.

Since I'm feeling all cowboy-like tonight... here's some quotes to finish off the evening.
Talk slowly, think quickly.

Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got. (whatever that means but it sure is sportin' some nice grammar - aint it?)

"Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much." (John Wayne)

I don't have anything against education - as long as it doesn't interfere with your thinking! (Ben Cartwright on Bonanza)

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Generally, you ain't learnin' nothing when your mouth's a-jawin'. (seems to me that there sure are a lot of cowboy quotes about listenin' more than talkin')

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." (John Wayne)

Wagons forward! Yo!

I guess all this cowboy stuff is in my genes. This is my dad and I in good ol' Sugar City with the Kinghorns trees & barn in the background.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the picture and the quotes! I could do a lot less of the city scene too. :)

Amy D. said...

The picture of you and dad takes the cake! Ree takes amazing photos of the country.