Friday, March 21, 2008

Let's Make the MOST of this Beautiful Day

Did ya know that yesterday was Mr. Roger's 80th birthday? I know he has been teased by the teenage masses for talking about feelings so much, but honestly, don't you think he was a good man?

I think he just wanted kids to like themselves... to believe in themselves... and to make choices that would bring hope and joy into their lives.

Stacy Julian had a Mr. Rogers Sweater post and I'm participating because it's just plain fun to think about sweet Mr. Rogers even if I look like a goon in a sweater. Hannah said I looked like Mr Rogers wife... which would make Jimmy Mr. Rogers. :)

So you ask - what will I do to "Make the most of this beautiful day?" I am going to enjoy the sunshine, enjoy my children, and appreciate the gift of today.

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

I love Mr. Rogers partly because Mom loves Mr. Rogers and because he radiated sincerity.

Alison said...

Cute Heather! I love your sweater. This is a great tribute to Mr. Rogers. He was a good good man, and I loved his show when I was little!