Sunday, December 09, 2007

Thankful

Last night during my 5-6 a.m. half-awake time, this song by Josh Groban kept running through my head. And I was thinking about how grateful I am for my family and the chance to bring a sweet spirit to join us soon.Recently Jimmy and I were talking about our reliance upon the Lord. Whenever we face temptation, discouragement, trials, stress, I think the only way we'll be strong enough to withstand, overcome, and endure happily is to realize that the Lord is doing 99% of the work for us and carrying us through. And our part is to do the simply small 1% ... like staying faithful by studying the scriptures, attending church meetings and the temple, sincerely praying, serving other lovingly, and staying hopeful. Sometimes I feel like a work in progress on all these things or that I just go through the motions but I've been realizing that I NEED to be more dedicated to my 1%.

So - what did all that have to do with being THANKFUL? I guess today I am especially thankful for the strength I receive from the Lord.

"Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."
(Hymn: How Firm A Foundation)

4 comments:

Amy D. said...

Oh, what a perfect message! Every time I feel crabby about stuff going not quite right I get a wake up call and remember how vital being thankful is. I'm listening to the song...thanks!

Angie said...

Darling family photos, Heather! Great message too!

Alison said...

What a beautiful thankful page of your family. I love it Heath! You're so talented and uplifting. We do have so much to be thankful for!

Sally said...

I love this post! It was a great reminder for me. The pictures of your family are darling...Oh, how I wish you lived closer so I could have a personal tutorial on digital scrapbooking!