Saturday, August 08, 2009

BYU Bowling

Today Jimmy had the idea to take the kids bowling. In March of 2008 we took the kids and they loved it. So here we are 1 1/2 years later ... only mom is 30 weeks pregnant and Max is no longer a wee infant.

Last year both kids used the guide-thingie most every time. This year both Abe and Hannah attempted to stick their fingers in the 6 lb bowling ball and sling/slug/drop/throw it down the alley. I'd say they did pretty well for themselves. Here is the video of Abe bowling. I love his 5-year-old technique. He sure had fun.


Max was a funny little tyke and kept trying to pick up a ball - only to drop it on the floor. So we decided to give him most of my turns. The kiddo got a strike and honestly did much better than I did. Mostly I was grateful we had the guard-rails up so I wouldn't get a gutter every time.One of my favorite parts was cheering for each other. Hannah would jump and give everyone high-fives. Max waved his arms and could hardly contain his enthusiasm and glee over everything. Abe smiled and laughed - - a lot. Nobody really cared what you scored, they cheered nontheless. I guess that is the entire point of family activities, to just do something fun together.

Julie and Paul (Jimmy's siblings who live in Provo) came along and we all enjoyed watching Hannah and Abe laugh their heads off playing a game of Air Hockey. I love that game!

On our walk to the car, we headed over the bridge by the Law School. What a great shot with the Y in the background - right? Our photo experience went something like this:
I don't think it's exactly in kid's make-up to politely stand and pose and smile nicely - at least all at the same time. These photos made me laugh because everyone was all over the place being silly.

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

What a blast!