Saturday, March 21, 2009

healthy snacks

I happened to read the comments from {Picky Palate's contest} to win a heart-healthy cookbook. Readers shared their favorite healthy snack.  Wow - people like some healthy stuff.

Reading through the list of comments reminded me of so many healthy snacks I do enjoy. Sometimes I think it's a lot of effort to deal with fresh fruit and cutting veggies, etc, but it's worth it to feel uplifted after a snack instead of weighed down with oils and sugars (at least occasionally!)

I may never care for humus or edamame, but the list of healthy foods gave me some new ideas... which is why I wanted to share the linkie.

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

ugh, Wade and Trevor love humus. Jimmy likes oranges sliced into sections. I Love apples and cheese. good reminder of the healthy stuff!