Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Magic Moments of Motherhood

Ever heard the song "Magic Moments" by Perry Como? Well - a friend introduced this song to me at BYU and it's one that makes me chuckle and smile. It's cute and old fashioned.

My favorite part:

Magic, moments,
Memories we’ve been sharin’,
Magic, moments,
When two hearts are carin’ . . .
Time can’t erase the memory of,
These magic, moments,
Filled with love!

I had a lot of MAGIC moments today. Yes, they do exist, and I need to acknowledge them more often.  Today I felt glad to be a stay-at-home mom so I could be a part of the little things in my kid's lives. I realized the blessing it is to be here to see the JOY sparkling in their eyes. Yes, I could have done without the 5 poopy diapers... and the whining... and such. But it was overall a good mothering day (well - until 7:30 p.m. when my patience pooped out).


These are a few of the magic moments from today:
~ Kid's playing in the snow and enjoying every cold minute of it!
~ Sue and Bob, the newest snowpeople in the backyard.
~ Truman's 2 1/2 hour nap.
~ A very pleasant and long quiet time for Hannah, Abe, and Max.
~ Playing with Tru during quiet time. He was so funny running around with his Santa hat and blanket.
~ Hannah's homemade gift for her friend Sydney. She crocheted her a necklace and a bracelet and gave her an American Girl Doll catalog. A Candy Cane and Milky Way made it complete!
~ Abe's cute reindeer drawing for the elderly.
~ Max giving me random hugs and kisses throughout the day.
~ Tru trying to climb on the table... but getting stuck crawling around the chairs...with his santa hat on.
~ Abe rubbing my back.
~ Laying on Hannah's bed at 4 p.m. listening to David Archuleta Christmas tunes. A mini nap. Hannah was writing a story and kept reading me the newest part.
~ Family activity to eat pizza in the car and see lights at Thanksgiving Point.
~ Delight at seeing Christmas lights... and a live reindeer.
~ Abe's excitement at smelling a real pine tree. He loved it!
~ Truman loving his daddy and giving him big leg hugs
~ Rosy cheeks and warm hot chocolate after snow play.

No comments: