Friday, January 08, 2010

Overview of One-Little-Word 2009

After reviewing my initial post on my 2009 word PRIORITIES, I chuckled.

I wrote:
"The inspiration for my one little word comes from the need in my life to end the survival mode I've been in from all the CHANGE last year and head into LIVE mode. I need to ORGANIZE all the nooks and crannies in my house. I need to do better at family chores and schedule."
I think I was hoping to settle into a nice cozy life where I could focus a little on my photocard business, clean out the closets, and spend time with the tots... well... i suppose Priorities change.

I ended up spending 2009 a little differently.

a few months of nausea...
a few months of tiredness from pregnancy...
a few months with a newborn...
a few months of fun summer play outside with kids...
a few months trying to work on a mealplan that worked...


My house still needs to be organized.
I still feel like I'm in survival mode (I may feel this way forever).
We had lots of change in this fam adding a new little one.
We did okay with family chores and schedule for a few weeks.

But I think overall we had fun. It wasn't the tidy-up year I hoped for, but we had oodles of fun family adventures.

The point of my choosing a single word to focus on wasn't to become perfect at it, I suppose. I tried to focus on what was important in my life ... and that's what counts (I hope!).

Perhaps Heavenly Father realigned my PRIORITIES for me...
and that is just fine....
for 2009 turned out great!

No comments: