Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Containers Galore

Today I was able to head to Industrial Container and Supply Company warehouse in SLC.

I had seen these super containers on Mrs. Organic's Blog. She mentioned the super prices so I called them up and found out they sell buckets, gamma-seal lids, water storage containers and more.

Off I went to check out the goods in their showroom. Their prices are cheaper than I've seen for the gamma lids ($5.43) and the buckets (5 gallon $3.28).

The largest container in this photo is gallon size, then half-gallon, then 16 oz square spice container (i'm thinkin' great for baking soda/powder, small sugar/salt containers for cupboard), and then 6 oz spice container (they also have 8 oz).

They gave me the wrong lids for the smallest spice container so I still need to get the right size. I would prefer plastic lids for the large containers, but the metal lids are the ones with a seal to make it air-tight.

So how am I going to use all my nifty containers?? ... variety of noodles, snacks, dried fruit, nuts, choc chips, marshmallows, cotton balls in the bathroom (not the pantry, silly!), and more. I keep my flour, rice, sugar in 3 1/2 gallon buckets in my pantry so I won't be using these smaller ones for those staples.

Anyhoo... here is a price list for their food and water storage products. They offer quantity discounts and delivery so you could get together with gals in your area and make a big order. Their number is on the pricelist.
The 5-gallon stackable Blue Square water container looked pretty cool... Add a spigot and you'd be set. They also have oodles of other types of containers.... square buckets, 1 gallon buckets, 2 gallon buckets, and lots of tinsy containers and soap dispensers and foamers, etc.

I'll post photos of my newly organized pantry once we move and get settled. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Be sure to let me know when you post more pictures. I love looking at organization - glad it helped you.

Marne said...

I thought the same thing when I saw those on her website. Someday when I HAVE a pantry I will be getting some!

Amy D. said...

Wow, Heath. What a fun trip to the store (and what a fun store!). Macaroni just went in my clear container like your second to biggest. And we have 5 of the blue 5-gallon water containers and they are good. Easy enough to empty into the washer when we are moving (waste not!). It's a good feeling to get organized and to be prepared. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to get these! Thanks for the post and info