Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Celebrating Earth Day

Yesterday Hannah informed me that today was Earth Day. I'm not quite aware of all these things. She started talking about recycling and saving water. She had seen it on Disney or PBS and she was quite excited about it. She even wondered if Dad got work off for the holiday. Not so, but we decided to get out and enjoy Heavenly Father's creations to celebrate our beautiful Earth.

We went to Thanksgiving Point to enjoy nature. Abe was tired of walking before we even got to the flowers. It was the first time using the stroller and Max did not like it one bit... nor did he like the sunshine. The babe has only been in the cave of my womb and our dim house all winter long. I love this picture because it shows Abe eating his granola bar (the boy is always hungry), Hannah mothering Max, and Maxwell was looking quite bothered by everything.

Hannah loved the flowers, waterfall, bridge, and garden mazes. Abe was a happy helper to push the stroller while I carried Max. We didn't stay long at all, but it was nice to see some sunshine and spring weather finally. (yes... I'm a granola with my Chacos)

Here's a fun Jack Johnson song to celebrate the 3 R's.



For the beauty of the earth,
for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.

For the beauty of each hour
of the day and of the night,
hill and vale, and tree and flower,
sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.

3 comments:

Marne said...

I LOVE Thanksgiving Point! So beautiful! Just a side note....since I am an avid Square Foot Gardening gal, I have to mention that Thanksgiving Point practices Square Foot Gardening. If people ever question or wonder about SFG, go visit Thanksgiving Point.

Anonymous said...

I love Jack Johnson--Great song!

Amy D. said...

What a FUN post! Awesome song (I have never heard of that guy--big surprise--but great RRR song)! Cute shoes (and toenails :). I can totally picture how bothered Max was by the sunshine. Soon he will love it, too, but that photo is so cute of your kids.