Friday, February 15, 2008

Aristocats Memories

We got the Aristocats DVD for Valentine's day and my kids think it is so funny. Abe keeps walking around singing 'everybody wants to be a cat'. Then Hannah insists she doesn't want to be a cat. But then she spent a half hour drawing pictures of the Aristocats.

Watching this movie reminds me of all the times my family watched this film and others from the movie reel projected on the wall - WITHOUT SOUND! We totally loved watching it too. Can you even believe in my lifetime that I've watched movies on a reel without sound... then merging to VHS... now dvd or digital films. My - how times have changed.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I haven't watched this movie since I was really young! Too funny about the silent reels!

And I love your new look. What a great family picture up by your title! Looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

We have Aristocats also, my kids love it and I do too. I think it's such a cute movie. You can't help to sing the song it sticks in your brain.

Amy D. said...

I LOVED those silent Disney short films we used to watch! Yea for the Aristocats!