Sunday, February 18, 2007

Prayer

This week my heart was a little weighed down from thinking of serious trials that so many people face. I was reading the Conference Ensign and enjoyed these words by Elder Oaks.

"At times we may despair that our burdens are too great. When it seems that a tempest is raging in our lives, we may feel abandoned and cry out like the disciples in the storm, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" (Mark 4:38). At such times we should remember His reply: "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" (v. 40).

"The healing power of the Lord Jesus Christ—whether it removes our burdens or strengthens us to endure and live with them ...is available for every affliction in mortality.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden," the Savior said, "and I will give you rest . . . unto your souls" (Matthew 11:28–29).

"As we struggle with the challenges of mortality, I pray for each of us, as the prophet Mormon prayed for his son, Moroni: "May Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, . . . and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever" (Moroni 9:25).

He Heals the Heavy Laden
Elder Dallin H. Oaks
October 2006 General Conference

Isn't the Gospel of Jesus Christ amazing. I love that we have doctrines and principles of truth. And I'm so grateful for a Savior who gives us so much hope! I feel so blessed!

3 comments:

Jimmy Smith said...

That picture you posted would make a great Christmas card template for your Simply Fresh Designs.

Amy D. said...

This is beautiful! Thanks, Heath.

Andrea said...

I love Mormon's prayer. I needed to hear that! Thanks, Heather.