Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Jam, YW, and Tears

Today I was feeling domestic so I made lasagna (a nice meal for us). And then I made freezer jam. It was super easy. Hannah and Abe even helped. The peach isn't very flavorful at all, but the strawberry is tasty.
Tonight was New Beginnings. This is a photo of 3/4 of our Young Women. They all participated in a skit about the Academy of Queenhood...focusing on being princesses and learning through Personal Progress and Young Women's how to strengthen testimony and virtues and self.
Miss Hannah thought her crown was the coolest thing (until it broke and she burst into tears). We talked about how you are definitely still a daughter of God even without a crown. After a cup of milk and some snuggles, love, and story, her spirits were back.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Way to go domestic Heather! Your jam looks beautiful and love the crowns on Hannah and Abe the Babe. How was the lasagna? Sounds yummy.

Amy D. said...

Oh, poor Hannah! But very lovely jam! I thought you were going to make mixed strawberry peach...nice variety, though.

Jolene said...

The jam looks so good. I love homemade jam. I like Amy's idea of mixing strawberry and peach. Yum. My mouth is watering.